Today’s post will be a little different from the rest. Since it’s our blog and we can do what we want with it, I decided today will be an intertwining of my opinion of things related to fitness and whatever else I feel like rambling about. It’s actually going to be a list, so the rambling will be held in check. Here are 15 things that I think are awesome. If you disagree ten ninjas will swoop down from the roof tops and throw sushi at you. That really won’t happen, but don’t be willing to take your chances because that would be gross.
15. Tattoos- It’s your body, decorate it with some images and words that mean something to you.
14. Box Jumps- They are great for speed and explosion and it’s a lot of fun to challenge yourself by trying to get to a new height each time.
13. Vikings- No, not the Minnesota Vikings they are purple. I’m talking about real Vikings, they were bad ass dudes.
12. Reality TV Shows- I’m kidding, they are an abomination. Stay away from them, I heard they cause cancer. Read a book, please.
11. Any book by Kurt Vonnegut- If you do want to read a book he has a lot of great ones. God Bless You Mr. Rosewater is one of my favorites
10. Sweet Dance Moves- I’ve got a lot of them. If you want I can start posting videos.
9. Heavy Metal Music- Sometimes anger and aggression brings about a lot of positive change. No, the bands aren’t all people that hate their dads. They see things wrong in the world and they want them changed. Plus it sounds awesome! If you disagree remember the ninjas.
8. The color black- It’s simple and it’s plain. It looks bad ass and it tells people you mean business. I wear it often. Try it out, you’ll probably feel tougher instantly. That goes for you too, ladies.
7. Women and Girls That Lift Weights- It is awesome to see a female that decides she wants to push herself and get stronger. It is the most effective way to change a body’s shape and enhance it’s function. And no, you will not get big and bulky like a guy, unless you take steroids. Are you taking steroids?
6. Dunking a Basketball- There’s nothing like exploding up and rocking a rim. If you see someone do it, it’s a pretty good bet that they are an outstanding athlete. Unless they are 7’5″. That’s cheating.
5. Pull-ups- They make your back strong. Do them.
4. Squats- They make everthing in your body strong. Do them.
3. Deadlifts- The best exercise in the history of the world. Easy to learn and the best way to make you incredibly strong. Do them.
2. College Sports- There is nothing like people out doing something just because they love it. College athletes go out and compete simply because they love a game. Obviously some of them have scholarships and that might make them love it just a little bit more, but they aren’t getting a paycheck. I’m willing to bet that if you ask most pro-athletes when their best memories of competition took place they will say in college. If you really want to see some athletes playing a sport just because they love it, go watch a Division 3 sporting event. There are no scholarships and rarely and perks, and they go out and play just because they love to play the game.
1. Passion- This is something that is completely lacking in our society right now, and my generation are the poster children for this overwhelming apathy. We have become a nation of sarcastic jerks that are “too cool” for everything. I say forget that. Find something you love and do it for just that reason. Having passion about something can make your life infinitely more meaningful, sometimes it can even save it. Whatever it is, find it and do it and enjoy it no matter what anyone else says.
Make yourself a list of 15 things that you think are awesome and consult it everyday. You’ll be happier.
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing - January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training - January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? - July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete - June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life - June 3, 2013