We all have a limited amount of time everyday, and it is a very precious commodity. I’m sure that you want to get the most of of your time here on Earth, so here is a quick post about some things that are a waste of your time. Avoid them like Rosie O’Donnell after a 3 day hunger strike!
1. Piston Squats- If you don’t know what these are, they are essentially a single leg squat done with your non-working leg extended in front of you. They are not very productive and they ingrain bad motor patterns. If you want single leg, or semi-single leg, exercises there are a ton of different lunge variations and split-squat variations. You would be much better suited to use one of those.
2. Reality TV (thanks Annie!)- These people are talentless fame seekers. They don’t deserve your attention, so don’t give it to them.
3. Bosu Balls- They don’t activate your core as well as simply putting more weight in your hands or teaching your body to move more efficiently. They are a trendy gimmick. Eventually they will go away, bur for now leave them to the “functional trainers.”
4. McDonald’s- JUST STOP EATING THIS SHIT! Don’t feed it to your kids, either. Go home, cook dinner and sit down with your family. You’re life isn’t so busy that this cannot be accomplished. If it is, think about making some changes.
5. The Weather Channel- Hear me out. These people work in the only profession in which you can be wrong 90% of the time and still wake up with a job the next day. It’s Crap! I bet if you go outside you’ll find out what the weather is.
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing – January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training – January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? – July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete – June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life – June 3, 2013