Real quick guys, I have an awesome metabolic circuit/challenge for you to try out… We have been doing this since last Spring, on and off, to re-check and challenge ourselves from an anaerobic conditioning standpoint.
Two of our pro fighters (Neil “The Gutterman” Johnson and Dustin “The Disciple” Pague) did this for a quick workout last night. The whole workout, after warmups of course, is VERY short.
- 20 hanging leg raises
- 20 jump pull-ups (you need a high bar for this one… jump from the ground, grab the bar, do a pullup, and drop back to the ground)
- 20 single leg step-up jumps (10/leg)
- 20 pushups
- 20 inverted rows
- 20 dips
- 30yd sprint, cut and return (60yds altogether)
This is a timed challenge. The current record with our team of guys is held by Dustin Pague at 2:32. No, that is not a typo… Watch the video and see for yourself.
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing – January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training – January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? – July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete – June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life – June 3, 2013