Hey guys and gals! It’s been a bit too long since we’ve done a “Heard of this?” segment, so allow me to break the silence!
To make it up to you I’ve got TWO exercises for you today… Let’s start with a unique exercise, the Sandbag Glute Bridge with Inverted Row Combo. This kind of came about by accident. I was playing around with different ways to add weight to inverted rows, and I wound up throwing a 100# sandbag across my lap. We commonly do glute bridge variations with sandbags, and BAM, it hit me… Check it out!
Get it? Got it? Good.
Okay, next up we have Reactive Box Jumps. In this video you will see Dustin jumping to boxes based on a visual cue. However, we have done these with auditory cues as well.
Want to have a real fun time with these? Have your athlete lie down on his/her stomach or back with their eyes closed. Using a clap or some other auditory cue, have them open their eyes and jump to a target that you are pointing at. That. Just. Happened.
Give ‘em a try and drop me a line to let me know what you think!
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing – January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training – January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? – July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete – June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life – June 3, 2013