My brother picked me up a gift card to Amazon for my 25th birthday, which in case you are wondering, is a great gift for someone like myself. So anways, I ordered a few new books and little toy for the gym: The GYMBOSS Interval Timer.
First off, this thing arrived within two days of ordering- which is always a plus when you’re anxious to rock out a new gadget. So anways, the first thing I did upon tearing open the package was program it for Tabata (so easy I didn’t need to reference the directions). It gave me the option to have it vibrate, beep, or vibrate and beep… The vibrate is intense enough to feel during an intense session of squat thrusts, kettelbell swings, or whatever weapon of choice you have. And if you work out in a loud environment, well, the beep isn’t too shabby either. It was enough to make me jump out of my skin a little when I previewed it in the quiet of my condo.
As for some key features, here are the highlights:
- One or two different time intervals (work/rest) from 2 seconds to 99 minutes
- Repeat up to 99 times
- Alarm duration of 1, 2, 5, or 9 seconds
- Belt Clip (like any cell phone clip)
- Water and shock resistant
- 1 year warranty
I’m definitely looking forward to using this for my conditioning… Want to pick one up? Click here.
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing – January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training – January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? – July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete – June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life – June 3, 2013