Losing weight is a big deal in America right now, but I think that people may be a little off base in how they approach it. Because of this, I just wanted to give you some brief pointers on how to approach fat loss psychologically. These tips just may keep you happier and put you on a better path during your physique transformation journey. With out further delay…
1) Forget about the scale: Watching the scale is only going to wear on you mentally. Weight comes off slowly, that is how it’s supposed to work. A lot of people get discouraged when they only see 1 or 2 pounds come off in a week, but this is how the body is supposed to function. Judge your progress more by how you look and feel and make the scale a distant second, checking in every once in a while for a pleasant surprise. Of course, if you are an athlete that competes in a certain weight class and you have to make wieght disregard everything that I just wrote.
2) Don’t count calories: You have better things to do. I don’t think I am going to say anything else about this.
3) Eat better food: Make an effort to eat more quality food. This will help your body function much more efficiently, and as a biproduct you will take in less calories.
4) Drink more water: Take your body weight and divide it in two. That’s how many ounces of water you should be drinking a day. Yea, I know, you will pee a lot.
5) Set goals and have a plan: Achieving anything requires a little forward thinking. Give yourself goals and make a plan on how to get there. If you need help with planning come to us, it happens to be our jobs!
Enjoy your life!
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing - January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training - January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? - July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete - June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life - June 3, 2013