This week’s video is of the man, the myth, the legend: Dustin Pague. Dustin is on a fast rise as of late, even though he’s been in the sport of mixed martial arts for more than six years. His last five wins have been over top competition in two weight classes (135 & 145), with his most recent being a knock out win over Steve De Aneglis of Pellegrino MMA for the Ring of Combat bantamweight title. De Angelis had never before been finished (his only losses were by decision).
This past week, Dustin traveled to Newark, NJ to try out for The Ultimate Fighter season 14 (TUF 14). Many websites have Pague listed as a top prospect to be on the show. Check out this clip from the tryouts which features Dustin right off the bat, displaying his strength as he hoists former WEC fighter Ian McCall over his head, giving Dana White a heart attack in the process.
Dustin uses Beyond Strength Performance for online personal training, as well as his conditioning with coach Chris Merritt on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8:00pm – 8:45pm at MASE Training in Sterling, VA. If you live in the DC area and want to come out, you are more than welcome!
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing - January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training - January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? - July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete - June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life - June 3, 2013