The current installment of our video of the week features the concentric pull-up. Chris and I love these for training the back explosively, as well as adding to pulling volume without making your lats feel like garbage all week. Just be sure to keep your form and not push off with your feet to start the exercise. Add them in by doing a couple of sets during your warm-up every training day, do them as your first pulling exercise on an upper-body day or sprinkle them in throughout your work out. Give them a shot and let us know how it goes for you!
Latest posts by Chris Merritt (see all)
- Painful Shoulders, the Kettlebell Arm Bar, and Neck Packing - January 31, 2014
- Applying The Basic Concept of Triphasic Training - January 13, 2014
- What’s my problem? - July 9, 2013
- Conditioning the MMA Athlete - June 19, 2013
- Fast Cars, Hot Chicks, Big Muscles And The Meaning Of Life - June 3, 2013